Monday, February 20, 2006

Rock tumbler Monday Morning

ARG!

After only a few tumbles in our new tumbler we've encountered our first leak! This morning I had the great joy of opening the tumbler (after the fine grit polish and two weeks of "GURGLE-CLACK-GURGLE-CLACK" in the backroom) to find the most lovely stones. Some of these treasures we picked from beaches up here in the North - others were gifts from friends. (This is a special tumble we are doing).

After putting in the pre-polish and re-sealing the tumbler I found our first leak! I played with the O-ring and got the lid to sit a bit better but I'm going to have to check the machine often to make sure we dont have overflow on the floor.

It was a bit of a shock to see a leak so soon...

I'll post some pictures of the goodies once they are done this pre-polish (about 2 weeks from now).

I'm heading off to update our Metaphysical Blog and then create some Magnetic Hematite bracelets for our upcoming show in March.

No comments: