I was asked to post some information for those who would like to know about camp grounds on Manitoulin Island during Haweater Weekend.
Here is some information:
The best played I EVER stayed on Manitoulin Island was here but be warned - they book FAST and quick - Providence Bay Park. phone: 705)377-4650 or toll free 1 877 269-2018. Ici on parle français. Email: email@example.com I say this is the best as I had the best time - the folks were very nice and friendly and we always stayed in the same location (on the South tip of the camp grounds near where the road turns left again. It's very rustic and the walk to the bathroom is loooong but well worth it.
Now to the list - and they are all wonderful. DO make note and ask how far a drive when you ask for accomodations - some of these places are a good 45 min away from Little Current.
- Mac's Camp - http://www.manitoulin-island.com/macscamp/
- Silver Birches (have stayed here and the folks are very nice here) phone: 705 368-2669.
- Mindemoya Court (I've stayed there - its ok) http://www.manitoulin-island.com/mindemoyacourt/
- Oaks - http://www.manitoulin-island.com/oakes/
- Tehkummah - I've driven past it many many times and have always wanted to stop in as it looks really neat. http://www.manitoulin-island.com/tehkummahtipis/index.html
- Stanley Park (very nice people - stayed there a few times) http://www.manitoulin-island.com/stanleypark/welcome.html
- Mike's Park http://mikespark.com/
- Batmans (nice) phone: 1 705 368-2180
- Miles Park in Kagawong phone: 1 705 282-2745
- Gordon's Park (have heard nothing but good things) http://www.gordonspark.com/camping.html
- Holiday Haven: http://www.holidayhavenresort.net/
- ENDAA-ANG phone: (705)368-0548
- Green Achers phone: (705)368-2428
- L and J Tent and Trailer Park: phone 705.859.2883
- South Bay Resort (Stayed here many nights and it was grand! http://www.amtelecom.net/~sbayres/