Monday, October 06, 2008

Ravens on my roof - we're moving!

This morning I woke up to the sounds of ravens tromping around on the roof over my head....

Three of them were making their presence known so that I'd go out and put some food on the deck for them. I'll be sad to lose them when we move in a few days.

Oh yes, I forgot to mention that in our blog :-)

We're moving to a new home on the 14th of October! Finally!! After almost 2 years of looking we've found a place in Wanup that is going to suit all of us. I've finally gotten a room to myself to set up office. After 2 1/2 years of working out of the living room to get my paperwork done, it will be extremely nice to be able to shut the door on the filing and take time off without having it always seeming to be waiting for me to return.

Plus, Rob has his own work shop out back that we'll be able to run the rock tumblers without me going crazy with them groaning away in the living room (that was awful!). We finally will have the room to put in the rock saws that we've been aching for so that we can start making the stone Goddesses that I've been tormenting one of our special wholesale customers with - bad me!! Rob's hoping that by early next spring we'll be able to start making hand made Rune necklaces (made of stone) and pretty hand made carvings.

It's been ages since I've posted to this Blog - it's been a summer of meeting great people at the Haweater Festival we went to in early August (thanks everyone!) and a season of wonderful orders that have been sent all over the world. With the house hunting going on and endless hockey workshops with our daughter, it's amazing that I found time for anything else besides running around at a million miles an hour. But I've loved this past summer. Thanks to everyone that we've shared this passing season with. :-)

In just 8 "packing days" the moving truck will be here, so with that said? I'm off to the grocery store to pick up more boxes.

No comments:

 Greetings visitors!! If you have somehow mysteriously found this blog, welcome to the history of Wicked Stones ! Our Blog story here starts...