Wednesday, May 30, 2007

New birds - Indigo Buntings and Purple Finches


WOW!! What a weeks it's been!!

I thought I'd post a few pictures of 2 of the new birds that have come to feed in our feeders! I'm delighted!! I've NEVER seen an Indigo Bunting before and it's been a just a treat to have something this vibrant of a colour fly into the feeders!
The first picture is of the purple finch - okay I know it's red but that's what my bird book said it was.....

This one is the Indigo Bunting peeking out from the other side of the feeder. He is tremendously shy and nervous about coming anywhere near the deck with anyone there (I took this one from inside the house, halfway behind the front door).
This evening he popped in for his late afternoon snack but flew away in a flurry of blue feathers when he noticed me sitting in the shade watching the goldfinches.
The goldfinches are not shy at all and now we have a family of about 30 that come in every day...
We're turning into a bird sanctuary!!

No comments:

 Greetings visitors!! If you have somehow mysteriously found this blog, welcome to the history of Wicked Stones ! Our Blog story here starts...